The Jogging Jeweler #43
| Another Child Hit |
If you haven't heard by now, a middle school child was hit earlier this week on Route 9 in Dobbs Ferry. Minor injuries, but this is the second pedestrian accident this year.
Route 9 in Dobbs Ferry at the McLelland Avenue near Alcott Montessori School.
A Dobbs Ferry Middle School student attempted to cross Route 9 from west to east.The student was struck. Fortunately, this student received only minor injuries.
This particular crosswalk has 4 lanes a pedestrian must cross, with no median for a pedestrian to step onto. This leaves pedestrians, just like this young girl, vulnerable and out in the car with no place to seek refuge. It is in an area where the DFPD has stepped up enforcement (as covered in the Rivertowns Enterprise newspaper - which mentioned one driver being ticketed at 60mph).
What can we do?
Be horrified - it could have been you. Or worse, your child. This may sound like one of those late night ASPCA commercials but you too can do something! Call, write, and be present!
- WRITE Governor Cuomo
- WRITE Senator Cousins - firstname.lastname@example.org
- WRITE George Latimer
- WRITE Paul Feiner - email@example.com
- WRITE Mary Jane Shimski , CALL her office- Staff member, Ellen Hendrick - 914-995-2806
- WRITE to The Rivertowns Entreprise Editor - firstname.lastname@example.org
- ATTEND Feb 13th 7:30PM - The Mayor and Board of Trustees have invited the PTSA Safe Routes Committee to make these recommendations at the Feb. 13
DO NOT WAIT for the completion of any more studies! The lives of our community members and their children are at stake.