Working on Halloween costumes at Curious-On-Hudson this past Friday night made me wish that Halloween was more than once a year - or that people, other than myself, would host themed parties that require costumes.
Comments overheard from attendees:
- "This is the best Halloween event - ever!"
- "Everyone helping is soo creative!"
- "Whoa! I thought those legs (see below) were real!"
Costumes that came out of Hack Halloween:
- Marty McFly - Hover-boarding legs that attached around the waist with a belt, and hovered with the pull of a string.
- Hercules Beetles - Made from a viking helmet, a garbage can lid, leggings, and lots of spray paint.
- Baby Bella - A boxed baby doll costume, that attached with straps, $29.99 price tag included.
- Book - An open-and-shut book costume made with cardboard that strapped to the arms.
Hands-down an event for Rivertown crafters & DIY-ers. A little bird told me Curious-On-Hudson may host an Ugly Holiday Decorating class as well - I may come with bells on.
If you'd like to see some photos from Hack Halloween: